Why Join the Syracuse Chorale?
The Syracuse Chorale:
- Is the oldest community chorus in the greater Syracuse area.
- Does not require an audition to join.
- Consistently has a membership of 60 to 100 singers representing all levels of income, education, and musical experience.
- Has sung, and continues to sing, the best choral works ever written.
- Has an extremely stable membership and staff.
- Regularly performs with members of other musical organizations.
- Sings a variety of music from classical to contemporary.
- Gives members an opportunity to audition for and perform as soloists and small ensemble members.
- Offers professional direction and accompaniment
- Rehearses in a great facility with ample off-street parking
- Is lots of fun!
Welcoming new members
The Syracuse Chorale is a non-audition community chorus with a diverse membership. We rehearse Tuesday evenings from 7:30 - 9:50 p.m. beginning in September and ending in May. Rehearsals are held in the Sanctuary of the First United Church of East Syracuse, (823 Franklin Park Drive, East Syracuse).
New members are welcome throughout the season, but the best times to join are in September, January, and April when we begin a new program. Current membership dues are $80 per person. (Pro rated to $50 if starting in January.) Additional members from the same family may join for $50 each. Payment plans are available. Options are attached here. If you would like to learn more about becoming a member of the Syracuse Chorale, please call 315-218-5926 and leave a message. Our Membership Director will contact you shortly.
Rehearsals for the spring season started January 8th.